Saturday, December 8, 2012

Visual Rhetoric One



Visual Rhetoric One

Retrieved December 8, 2012;www.socgen180cd.wordpress.com/page/3/

            This image was a perfect example of how civilians few soldiers, especially the ones who have been to war. We are so caught up in having them return home safely so our lives can get back to normal. My mother stressed enough how she could not wait until my father returned home. She was tired of being a single parent. I was tired of having to grow up early and assist my mother with my siblings. This is an example of pathos because we had mixed emotions and feelings toward the army and my father being present or away.  Every time my father returned we just expected him to jump back into routine with picking up the children from day care, helping with house chores, cooking, helping the children with their homework, etc. (ethos). However his return from his last visit that’s when we noticed something was wrong. We greeted him just like the guy in the image above but it was like my father’s brain was going to explode.
           
            Everywhere we go people thank him for his service and he sometimes receives free items. When he is around other people I feel he is calmer and better person (mythos). He is quicker to snap on a member of his immediate family versus a complete stranger out in public. For example you are more likely to vent and lash out on a family member or close friend because you know they hold it against you majority of the time (logos).

No comments:

Post a Comment